Sunday, November 17, 2013

One Chainmaille Ring To Rule Them All

Yesterday I was taking a break from weaving a chainmaille tie (a big project, I'll tell more about it in the next blog post), and, while pickling through my supplies, I found a piece of wire left over from my cross pendant.
For some time now I've been thinking about rings, stretchy rings with rubber O rings (OK, there is too many rings in this sentence, hope I didn't lost you in all those rings), so I thought "why not now?".
And here it is, the prototype.


I'll be wearing this one for some time, to see how it behaves in everyday conditions. What I can tell right now is that it's very comfortable. You know when someone grasps your hand very firmly while shaking with you? Well, this ring won't hurt you in such a occasion. Rubber rings are very practical indeed.
Here are some more pictures.





Tell me what you think. Too chunky? Too rough? Too beautiful? :)

<3 <3 <3

4 comments:

  1. I love the new ring and the choice of colours. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! If it proves good, it will be possible to make a lot of other combinations ;)

    ReplyDelete